VILLAGE OF COLFAX
POLICE & LIQUOR COMMITTEE MEETING
7:00 p.m., Thursday, September 30, 2021
(Stephenson, Rathke, & Beck)
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Review of police hiring practice.
4. Discussion of potential candidates being considered for training and hiring as a patrol officer for Village of Colfax; information on training for Justin Givens.
5. Discussion of cost associated with training and imposing possible required hiring commitment of two years to Village of Colfax.
6. Police Chief attending required transition course in early December 2021; explanation of cost, where, length of training and other details.
7. Mike Lay, Patrol Officer, will be absent for the month of October to Delaware due to his full-time job requirements.
8. No experienced patrol officers have applied after months of advertising for applicants; time to request assistance from McLean County Sheriff’s Department to provide coverage for certain days?
9. Review of salaries of surrounding villages for police chief and police officers.
10. Other items.