Maintenance Equipment & Vehicle Committee
Thursday, October 21, 2021
(Beck, Thackeray, Morefield)
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Summer maintenance cleaned and maintained for winter.
• Weed eaters
4. Purchases made for Maintenance Department since April 2021.
• Chain saw
• Pole chain saw
• Hitch Sprayer with boom
• Leaf blower
• Leaf vacuum and trailer (used with dump truck
5. Purchases still to be considered for Maintenance Department.
• Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer
• Bush Hog
6. Preparation for winter.
• Plow blades replaced if necessary.
7. Additional maintenance equipment needed for winter.
8. Update on Ameren bucket truck replacement; access to Downs bucket truck when needed.
9. Salt ordered for this year; new bids to be received by state; sufficient amount on hand.
10. Status of purchase of new F-250 Super Duty Pick Up.
• Review of specs
• State bids delayed
• Attempting to purchase from Suburban Purchasing Cooperative, Frankfort, IL
• Need Purchase Order approved at November 8, 2021 Board of Trustees meeting; delivery in May 2022.
11. Future vehicle purchased for Maintenance Department.
• Dump Truck (2022 order; arrive in 2023)
• Tractor and mower to replace the blue New Holland