THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VILLAGE CLERK:
1. Office opens at 8:00 a.m.
2. Check the water drop box for water payments.
3. Go to the post office and pickup the mail; distribute mail.
4. Open water payments and enter in the computer. Do reports. Do deposits.
5. Enter deposit amounts in the appropriate company and run the Account Detail Reports.
6. Help new residents who come in to apply for water service.
7. DO BACKUP OF ALL OF THE BUSINESS WORKS COMPANYS!!!!
1. After Treasurer has done the Bank Reconciliations for each account, run end of month reports and
do month end close.
2. Accounts Payable - enter invoices before board meeting each month. Tuesday morning after board
meeting finish accounts payable and mail bills.
3. Check Illinois Department of Revenue website and see what deposits have been made to the
Village's Illinois Funds accounts. These are done periodically during the month.
4. Every other Friday is Payroll.
5. After each Payroll the tax deposits are due. Must be paid by the Tuesday after Payroll on previous
Friday. Both Illinois and Federal.
6. Water payments are due by the 23rd of month. SHUT OFFS are the 24th of the month. Make sure
to check the water drop box and the post office for any past due payments.
7. Download the handheld computer for Reading Water Meters. Usually try to read around the 26th or 27th
of the month.
1. Budget Appropriation Ordinance
2. Treasurer's estimated revenue report
3. Treasurer's report for fiscal year - MUST BE PUBLISHED.
4. Tax Levy - MUST BE PASSED BY THE DECEMBER MEETING AND SENT TO COUNTY CLERK
BY THE 2ND TUESDAY OF DECEMBER.
5. Consumer Confident Report - Must be published in June and MAILED TO ILLINOIS EPA TO BE RECEIVED
BY JULY 1ST.
6. Review and update annual insurance papers from Illinois Risk Management - Due and to be mailed back by August 1st.
7. After each quarter do PAYROLL TAX REPORTS. End of year run W-2's.
8. After the Fiscal Year is done is April, run End of Year reports from Business Works Accounts.
9. Transcribe Minutes of Board Meeting.
10. Do Agenda for Board Meeting - MUST BE POSTED BY FRIDAY BEFORE MEETING ON MONDAY.
11. E-mail Minutes and Agenda to all Board Members - Friday before the meeting.
12. Get everything ready for annual audit.
WHEN YOU HAVE TIME:
1. UPDATE WEBSITE
3. BOX UP OLD FILES FOR STORAGE.
4. UPDATE ORDINANCE BOOKS